Tips To Get Rid Of Dry Skin Instantly
It's quite difficult to maintain dry skin, especially during winter. Normal or oily skin too may develop dry patches if not maintained properly.
Dry skin means lack of hydration on the surface or top layer of the skin. When this layer lacks the water it needs, it starts to develop flaky skin, fine lines, or wrinkles and dullness. There might be a number of reasons that can lead to dry skin or dry patches on your skin. They may be weather change, hot or long showers, harsh chemicals present in your cosmetics, different skin concerns such as acne, psoriasis, or eczema, excessive use of face washes or foaming cleansers, or some underlying health issues such as high BP, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
Worried? Don’t be. Now I am going to share some tips to get rid of dry skin instantly to turn your skin into a healthy, glowing, and radiant one.
Keep scrolling to know some easy but effective steps to get rid of dry skin easily:
1. Say no to hot water and use only lukewarm water for your shower or bath. Hot water may strip off the natural oil from your skin which helps keep it soft, supple, and moisturised.
2. Don't take long showers. Limit your time to 10-12 minutes.
3. Always use a mild, all-natural, and toxin-free cleanser in your shower or bath. Don't worry, I have accumulated some cleansers for you here.
Neev Almond Rose Handmade Soap helps fight bacteria, detoxifies the skin, and enables you to be fresh throughout the day. Made with almond, olive, palm, coconut oils, mahua, rose, geranium, palma rosa and rosemary essential oils, the soap deeply moisturises the skin and doesn't let it become dry.
Natural Bath & Body Refreshing Shower Gel preserves and restores the balance of skin's natural oils and wholly cleanses and smoothens the skin.
4. Exfoliate your skin once a week. Exfoliation is a must, even for dry skin, to get rid of dead skin cells, impurities, and pollutants and get flawless skin.
You can use Vedantika Herbals Ubtan. It's a scrub to give you soft and smooth skin. With gram flour, neem, sweet almond, sandalwood, rose petals, orange peel powder, it deeply moisturises, relaxes, and cools the skin, leaving it healthy and radiant.
5. Apply moisturising lotion everyday after shower and before bed. Use body creams just after shower on towel-dried skin and before going to bed daily.
You can try Veda Essence Natural & Pure Avocado Healing Shea Body Butter. This rich creamy and luxurious body butter is the perfect blend of African shea butter & cocoa butter with olive oil, avocado oil, castor oil, beeswax, lavender essential oil, vitamin E, and calendula. Regular application of this body butter leaves your skin soft, smooth, and supple.
6. Massage therapy is another great way to get rid of dry skin. Massage at least thrice a week with a rejuvenating concoction of different oils and herbs.
Rustic Art Organic Divine Massage Oil, also called 'Sarva Roga Nivarani' (healer of all diseases), is a unique blend of aloe vera, eucalyptus, sesame, and camphor. It rejuvenates the body, calms the senses, and fights various diseases, cramps, and muscle tension.
And the last, but not least, important tip is to drink plenty of water, eat fresh vegetables and fruits (not juices), and exercise daily. Dry skin is a nightmare for many during the cold months - with these helpful suggestions, it need not be.
Looking for suggestions on managing oily skin? Check this out.
About Author: Shreemayee is a teacher whose passion for beauty and fashion has brought her to the field of blogging - especially when it comes to reviewing products related to skin care and hair care. You can check out her blog, Shreemayee's Diary, here.
Subscribe today to receive our weekly updates on special discounts, mouthwatering deals, new arrivals, unique products, popular brands, and much more.