Special Mango Dessert Recipes To Make Your Summer More Exciting
In summers, there’s nothing as delicious as a mango. Period. This is easily one of the most popular rules for the hotter months of the year. Be it a common individual or a celebrity, there are three things that remain same- the colour of the blood, death, and love for mangoes. Singham-famed actress Kajal Aggarwal along with popular actors Riteish Deshmukh and Neil Nitin Mukesh have publicly confessed about their uncontrollable cravings for the king of fruits and unique mango dessert recipes.
Legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan’s love for mangoes isn’t an #AamBaat
He has penned down his feelings towards this special fruit in his blog. He wrote, “After a while ‘alphonsoish’ delight appeared in close proximity to the hands and the ‘fruit of the season’ the ‘king’ was sucked away with relish – finger bowl on hand! The charm of eating this royal fruit is with the bare hands or none at all. Unless you can feel the skin and the ‘meat’ of its body under lascivious tongue, it is and has been said, you have not eaten a mango! ”
His choice of words rivals his acting skills. Doesn’t it? He also shared his childhood memories surrounding mangoes. He continued, “During the early years in Allahabad, when the means were scarce and the availability for the fruit was limited to the cheaper versions, the ‘chusni’, or the one that could be sucked – small, rounded and within the palm of the hand in size – occupied our attention. As the rain poured its heart out in front of our verandah, we sat on its steps, bucket full of ‘chusni’ at hand and devoured its contents right down to the ‘guthali’ in a few short but intense bursts of action. The remnants of this minor adventure were then placed in front of us as a ready reckoner of our act and the consumption as it progressed kept piling up before us, until it reached our chin. That then was officially declared as ‘having eaten mango’!”
What do the experts say?
Mango is often blamed for causing weight gain. However, Raheela Hasan (health & nutrition specialist, owner of Fitrition) dismissed the claim and said, “Mangoes are full of nutrients and have several health benefits. Delicious and easy to prepare dishes can be made using mangoes”.
Well, here are some mind-blowing recipes that will seduce your senses like never before.
Mango Cheesecake by Chef Niru Gupta
This is probably the best way to complete a meal in the summer months. The combined tastes of cheese and mango will make this an instant hit among your guests.
For the base:
- Biscuits – 125 g
- Butter – 60 g
- Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
For the filling:
- Mango pulp – 240 g
- Sugar – 240 g
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Egg yolk – 4
- Gelatin – 24 g
- Chilled cream – 480 g
- Cheese – 500 g
- Mango slices – 10 pieces
- Heat the butter so that it melts
- Add powdered biscuit to the butter and remove from heat
- Add sugar to the mixture
- Use the mixture to form the flat base with a spoon and let it cool
- Form the custard by mixing gelatin, mango pulp, salt, sugar, and egg yolks
- Heat the custard
- Remove from heat and add the chilled cream when the custard cools down
- Put the mixture on the base and leave it overnight in a refrigerator
- Decorate the cake with mango slices and serve chilled
Aam sandesh by Sailu’s Food
How about making some authentic Bengali sandesh in your favourite mango flavour? Got water in your mouth already? Check out this easy-to-make recipe.
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Milk – 1½ l
- Powdered sugar – ⅓ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Mango puree – 1⅓ cup
- Chopped pistachios – 1 tsp
- Heat the milk till it boils
- Add the curd slowly and stir
- Once the milk begins to curdle, remove from heat
- Collect the chhena from the curdled milk and wash it with water
- Add sugar, mango puree, and cardamom to chhena and mix properly
- Heat the mixture slightly till it forms a dough
- Form small balls with your hands
- Garnish with pistachios and refrigerate
- Serve chilled
In case you are unable to find time to make the sweet yourself, you can also buy original aam sandesh from the famous Ganguram Sweets online.
Aam shrikhand & salad by Chef Karan Suri
This special dessert is a great way to pamper your taste buds while cooling you down. Next time your friends decide to give you a surprise visit, try returning the favour by making this awesome dish at home
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Saffron – ½ tsp
- Condensed milk – 2 tins
- Mangoes – 300 g
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Lemon – 1
- Mint – 20 g
- Chaat masala – 2 tsp
- Pistachios – 80 g
- Mix yogurt, condensed milk, saffron, cardamom, sugar, and cream together
- Stir thoroughly and refrigerate
- Make the mango salad with mango slices, lemon juice, mint, and chaat masala
- Garnish the shrikhand with pistachios and serve
Mango & mint kheer by Chef Aditya Bal
Rice kheer is easily one of the most popular Indian desserts across all age groups. Give this traditional delicacy a fruity makeover by adding some fresh mangoes. This refreshing treat will make sure your guests praise your culinary skill.
- Milk – 2 ½ cups
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – 1 pinch
- Mango puree – 1 cup
- Chopped almonds – 8
- Raisins – 12
- Mint leaves – 1 small bunch
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 2
- Mix milk, rice, and sugar together and heat
- Add saffron and stir thoroughly
- When the mixture begins to boil, add the mango puree
- Add almond, raisin, and mint to the mixture
- Cook on low heat till the mixture becomes creamy
- Remove from heat
- Add cardamom and refrigerate
- Serve cold
Mango ice cream by Chef Megan
If you have to pick one delicacy – from a juicy mango and a freshly made ice cream, which one will you.
go for? Probably shoot the person asking and take both! As one of the best mango dessert recipes, this one lets you enjoy both delights at the same time. You must give it a try.
- Mango puree – 2 cups
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cream – 1 cup
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Mix mango puree and sugar thoroughly
- Refrigerate for 3 hours
- Add cream and lime juice to the mixture and transfer to an ice cream maker
- Serve your homemade mango ice cream
With all these recipes in hand, summer shouldn’t be that harsh a season. One important thing to do is to get hold of the best mangoes. All the recipes depend on mangoes as the primary ingredient and you need to be careful about its quality and freshness. Don’t worry! I will make that easy for you. Click here to get hold of the freshest mangoes from the best farms of India. Want some more recipes? Click here and make this season even more special.
Beat the heat this summer with these exciting mango dessert recipes. From shrikhand to ice cream to kheer, boast your culinary skill by preparing these easy-to-make treats at home.
Did you like this story? Share your views/criticisms/appreciations in the comment section.
Subscribe today to receive our weekly updates on special discounts, mouthwatering deals, new arrivals, unique products, popular brands, and much more.