Quick Pista Fudge Recipe
Call it burfi, katli, or the more American ‘fudge’, these melt-in-the-mouth sweet treats are synonymous with Indian festivals. How about you make your own batch this time around, with the pistachios from the assorted dry fruit boxes you receive over Diwali? A little effort will go a long way in impressing family and guests about your cooking skills! Step-by-step instructions here.
Pistachios - 2 cups
Fresh grated coconut - ¼ cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - ¼ cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Soak pistas in warm water for half an hour, then drain and rinse
- Blend them with the coconut to a smooth mixture. Keep aside
- For syrup, mix water and sugar in a pan on medium heat. Boil till liquid reaches two-string consistency
- Add pista and coconut mixture as well as cardamom powder to syrup and keep stirring
- After 10-15 minutes when the mixture thickens, turn off heat and transfer to greased square pan
- Spread it evenly and press down to set it well. Allow it to cool.
- Cut them in slices and serve.
Subscribe today to receive our weekly updates on special discounts, mouthwatering deals, new arrivals, unique products, popular brands, and much more.