5 Exciting Kesar Mango Recipes That You Can Try At Home
She is a storyteller in herself – the orange-hued queen who narrates a saga of ancient wazirs, long-lost nawabs, and one exotic spice – our very own aromatic saffron. Can you guess where we are going with this? Well, this emblem of tropical deliciousness grows abundantly at the foothills of the Girnar mountains in Gujarat. Surely you must have guessed by now! Yes, it is none other than the delightful Gir kesar mango! Did you know that this exclusive variety of mangoes have been granted the coveted Geographical Indication (GI) tag? Read this article to gain some extra insight into the same.
As you peel these pulpy yields, you uncover a bit of history, a mouthful of flavors, and slices of unending taste. Want to know more? Go through our piece here to understand why kesar mango is so special. Today, in this blog we shall reveal some secrets – five of the most delicious, quick, and simple kesar mango recipes. Try them now and relish the magic of these wonder fruits in their different avatars. So here we go!
1. Kesar Mango Icecream
Summer or winter, icecreams are always our favourite. However, with hints of some seasonal fruits such as mangoes, this delicious sweet dish is enriched with a richer taste and flavors. The wonderful dessert is prepared best with fresh mangoes; although you can also use frozen mango pulp for the same. If you want more interesting mango dessert recipes, read our blog.
- Peeled and chopped ripe kesar mango (large) - 1
- Mango puree - 2.5 cups
- *Evaporated milk - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 2 tsps
- Saffron - 1 pinch
- Whipped cream - 1 cup
Mango Icecream Easy Recipe
- Take three-fourth of the chopped mango pieces, evaporated milk, saffron, and sugar. Blend it up to two minutes into a smooth and fluffy puree in a mixer
- Now pour the whipped cream in a large, clean bowl and beat till it reaches stiff peaks
- Next add the mango puree and remaining mango pieces to the cream and blend it into an even mix using a spatula
- Place the mixture in a refrigerator and freeze it for two hours
- Remove it from the freezer, stir it up fully using a fork, and then freeze it again for further four hours
- Top it with nuts, dried fruits, or honey and serve chilled
* We have used evaporated milk here since it has minimal water content. Hence your icecream will be thick and creamy. If you use regular milk, you shall end up with water crystals in your ice cream.
2. Kesar Mango Halwa
This is yet another mouth-watering Indian dessert recipe that uses fresh kesar mango pulp.
- Fine sooji (rava or semolina) - 1 cup
- Chopped and pureed large kesar mango - 1
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Ghee or oil - 2 tbsps
- Milk - 1 cup (250 ml)
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Dried fruits (cashews, raisins) - as required
- Saffron - 1 pinch
- Cardamom - 3-4 pieces
Mango Halwa Easy Recipe
- Grind the cardamom pieces into a fine powder. Keep aside
- Heat the ghee or oil in a thick-bottomed pan
- Add sooji and fry till it reaches a light golden color and starts releasing a tempting aroma
- Mix the dried fruits and continue frying
- Heat the water separately and then add it to your fried mixture. Stir well
- Add sugar and milk while stirring continuously. Wait till the sooji completely absorbs both water and milk and starts to swell
- After two or three minutes add the mango puree. Do not forget to keep stirring, since, otherwise the mixture will stick to the bottom
- Mix well, add saffron and cardamom powder
- Now cover it with a lid and cook for another three to four minutes in low flame
- Serve the mango halwa hot or cold with a generous garnishing of nuts, saffron, and pomegranate arils
3. Kesar Mango Cake
Let us now detail another delish yet wholesome recipe of soft, fluffy eggless cakes – coupled with the aroma of juicy, pulpy mangoes. We shall use healthy whole wheat flour in this method that shall entice you with its nutty essence.
- Whole wheat flour - 1.5 cups or 180 g
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Unsalted butter - 100 g
- Condensed milk - 200 g
- Large kesar mangoes - 2
- Sugar - 3-4 tbsps
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Mango Cake Easy Recipe
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Keep aside
- Apply a thin coating of butter or oil on a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 in). Keep aside
- Peel and chop the mangoes into small pieces. Mix them with sugar and blend into a smooth puree in a mixer. Keep aside
- Take a pan, place it over your stove on low heat, and add the unsalted butter. Once it melts, pour the condensed milk and whisk it continuously till it forms a homogeneous mixture
- Now add the mango puree and vanilla extract. Stir continually for a smooth, even mix
- Next add the flour mix. Blend it well into a thick, creamy batter
- With the help of a spatula add the batter to your loaf pan. Adjust it while shaking a bit or with your spatula to form an even mix
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree celsius for 15 minutes
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes
- Once the crust is golden, you can remove your cake from the oven
- Allow it to cool, cut into slices, and serve with your own favourite choice of frosting
4. Kesar Mango Mastani
This delightful mango drink is believed to have been named after Peshwa Bajirao’s wife – Mastani Bai. The rich, exotic dish is simple to make, yet tastes incredibly delicious with the flavors of aromatic, pulpy mangoes.
- Large kesar mangoes - 3
- Creamy chilled milk - 1.5 cups
- Sugar - 3 tbsps
- Chopped pistachios, cashews, and almonds - 7 pieces each
- Vanilla ice cream - 2 scoops
Mango Mastani Easy Recipe
- Chop the mangoes into small pieces and mix them in a blender. You can keep a few chopped slices aside to use later in garnishing
- Add the sugar and milk to the mango puree
- Blend it again in the mixer into a smooth milkshake
- Top it with vanilla scoops, chopped dried fruits, and chopped mango slices
- Serve immediately in a glass with a spoon or straw
You can also check out this video here for yet another famous summer drink – mango lassi.
5. Kesar Mango Kulfi
Your ideal companions in summer – kulfi – a frozen milk dessert can get a creative twist with the touch of delectable mangoey flavor. Read below for its simple and quick recipe.
- Milk - 2.5 cups
- Kesar mango puree - 2.5 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Saffron - 1 pinch
- Soaked, peeled, and sliced pistachios - 15 pieces
- 3 tbsps rice flour dissolved in 3 tbsps milk
- Almond paste - 3 tbsps
Easy Mango Kulfi Recipe
- Heat the milk and saffron in a pan at low heat. Do not boil
- Add sugar and stir till it dissolves
- Add the rice flour paste to the milk. Keep stirring on low flame so that no lumps are formed
- Add the almond paste, stir, and let it cool for sometime
- Now mix the mango puree, pistachio slices, and blend it well
- Pour the mango kulfi into serving bowls and freeze for eight to 10 hours
- Garnish it with cardamom and serve chilled
So, how did you like our recipes? We thought we should share these bookmarked creative tips to make your summer more fun and exciting. Do you know about some other interesting ideas? If yes, do not forget to let us know!
Did you like this story? Want to share your feedback/appreciation/criticism? Please feel free to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
Subscribe today to receive our weekly updates on special discounts, mouthwatering deals, new arrivals, unique products, popular brands, and much more.